MediaMaster: The feature requests thread

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos MediaMaster with other users.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

Re: MediaMaster: The feature requests thread

Postby Gerschwin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:25 pm

+1 on volume control on every channel. A controlled mute would also do fine.
+1 on Brightness and contrast control on every channel.

More midi/DMX control options would be nice, like on the suggested controls above.
A learn mode for midi on every control would be a huge improvement. A midi/DMX control for total black-out on all live outputs.

Support on MacOS 10.9 Maverick with its multi-monitor output options.
Gerschwin

Postby PhasedMedia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:17 am

+1 on volume control on every channel. A controlled mute would also do fine.

Controlled mute (via lib management) would be ideal. No extra DMX channels needed.
+1 on Brightness and contrast control on every channel.

Totally agree +1, but does anyone have ideas on how to ahieve this without adding 2 extra channels per layer in fixture mode? Would be great for simplemode/express versions.
Only way I can think of is creating an effect with brightness/ contrast/ saturation/ etc.
Last edited by PhasedMedia on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby Injurf » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 pm

What nice idea
Vente Geriforte En Ligne. Vente GГ©nГ©rique Sans Ordonnance
acheter Geriforte
Injurf

Postby chippy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:04 am

Hello all,

New to the forum, but a long time user of media master.

I use Arkaos to control a multimedia game show utilizing almost every aspect of the software.

I would love an audio player.

2 layers (4 would be great)

play
pause
stop
in point
out point
volume (independent volume is the key here)
playback mode (loop/play once)
playback speed

Make Arkaos a true MEDIA player

I would gladly sacrifice 32 DMX addresses for this.

Chippy
chippy

Postby PhasedMedia » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:01 am

Hi Chippy,
MediaMaster already plays audio if part of a video clip, fading audio level in and out with layer intensity.
If you want to just play an audio file(s) independent of the active video elements, you could sacrifice a layer (or two) and encode the audio files onto solid black video clips, then use reject black as mixing mode.
This gives you full control of the audio file, while not showing up in your visual mix.
This method has worked well for me in the past to trigger audio only stings from the lighting console.
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby PhasedMedia » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 am

A few things for v3.2
-We need a much bigger countdown of selected layer clip time remaining- It needs to be visable at a glance.
-MSEX thumbnails for effects.
-Potential bug with recueing a play once video file- Intensity on/off/on.
-Library Management- A way to cope with large libraries, such as checkboxes to activate/deactivate folders within LibManagement window.
-Audio- enable/disable audio in LibMan window via right-click options on visual.
-Network sync for multiple systems. Additional hardware required for this function is acceptable (eg. FirePro™ S400 synchronization module or dedicated network port/switch).
-Support for .m4v video files (.mp4 without audio), currently MediaMaster sees them as a still image of duration 00:00:00.
Last edited by PhasedMedia on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby Gerschwin » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:03 am

MM still doesn't remember it's midi settings under "Preferences".
I still have to uncheck the unused devices every time after MM has started up. Kinda annoying.

For the record: are any mods/devs still reading here? Some feedback now and then to your customers would be nice.
Gerschwin

Postby PhasedMedia » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 am

Can we have rotary encoders changed over to new GVJ-style rotaries with percentage values displayed.
As MediaMaster (in fixture mode) is generally controlled by a lighting console, the GUI is only a reference to be glanced at occasionaly, such as for count-outs of TVC/ VT clips over comms, or for programming blind.
The master layer fixtures selected layer channel is especially good for this, as we no longer have to stop programming to check servers values.
Even at XGA resolution the font currently used for timecode (and other values) is too small to read easily at a glance, the GUI design needs to be a lot chunkier. Try a standard setup with a full-size console (with it's own monitor(s)) and MediaMaster monitor off to a side- the operator will be at least one metre away from MM GUI monitor.
Last edited by PhasedMedia on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby skyest12 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:03 pm

+1 for the audio player, I do dance concerts and would love a DMX / artnet Audio Player so I dont have to set up midi etc. :)
skyest12

Postby nick c » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:42 pm

I could really do with the option in Media Master Pro fixture mode to be able to set clips/graphic's to play at original size, as you can in simple mode.

Thanks
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Postby PhasedMedia » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Nick C,
Would'nt playing a clip at original size or aspect ratio involve sending SizeX/Y values from MMPro to console over ArtNet or DMX512 hardware to override fixture default (100%) values?
What do you think about a broadcast/snapshot button to send all values back to console for programming? Or at least to a text file to start with.
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby nick c » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:06 am

Hi Phased

I was thinking that the play at original size could be similar to the play once fixture option for Arkaos, just needs to have a DMX value signed to the option within Arkaos. The play at original size is available in Media Master simple mode when setting up clip playback.

I have been using Arkaos to do presentations, awards ceremonies and conferences, So a lot of the time I want to play back content at original size. So that I am matching the pixel to pixel resolution for best quality. You can make surfaces using the Video mapper, but if you are edge blending and warping multiple projectors you have to do it by eye.

Interesting what you are saying about bi directions communication between Arkaos and the lighting desk control. It would not be difficult to implement. My hog3 has bi directional communication between itself and Wysiwyg and I believe that other desks can do the same.

I would also like to be able to be able set layout guide lines in the video mapper output and crop windows.

Cheers
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Postby Manuel » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 am

HI there,

Was expecting this to be fixed in mapper version coming with MM4 but its not.

When one is editing a grid and one pushes the plus button, the number of lines in the grid double. Its not possible to set the exact number of cels one needs. Its only possible to set the number of cels to 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 cels etc. I fail to see why we don't have the possibility to be able to set a grid of 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, cels etc etc etc...

Setting up one surface and dividing it into cels is much better for performance than working with a large number of individual surfaces, one of you guys colleagues suggested :) So please please enable your users to work this way conveniently.

thanks,

Manuel
Manuel
Advanced user

Postby richdesign » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:12 pm

I have an idea for a feature. I'd call it something like "Smart Loop" or maybe "Faux Loop"

Often we have a clip that is not setup to loop. For example, clouds. Maybe they were real clouds and no one did any manipulation to make the clip loop. We have a way to do this in Premier but if there was a way to have MM do it for us it would be nice. I guess you would have to create handles somehow so that when you get to the end of the clip it can crossfade back to the start of the clip. There would have to be overlap between the start and the end of the clip.
Rich Streeter
richdesign

Postby nick c » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:44 pm

I would like to be able to play an audio track on top of a layer without the output going to black and blocking the visual layer behind.

You might ask why this is important? As media servers are for playing visuals/graphic's.

Well I use my Studio & Stadium servers on product launches, conferences and award ceremonies. So I need to be able to play stings (A sting is an audio fanfare) and pre recorded voice overs on top of background graphic's. I also use MM pro to play pre recorded LTC time code tracks and send the LTC time code to the lighting desk and any other controllers that can input LTC.

So layer transparency when playing an audio track over another layer is very important to me.
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Postby PhasedMedia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 am

Version 5.0.3
1. Could you add an option to increase size of elapsed and remaining time rather than bold font. Bold is even less legible than normal font style.
I would like option to double in size, or add large timecode to playback tab for selected layer.
2. Force resolution checkbox still overrides refresh rate settings to 60Hz, requiring a registry hack to maintain 50Hz for television work.
3. Audio-only files should load transparent rather than black.
4. Including the name of visual file in Visuals Tab would be useful.
5. Edge blending in Videomapping mode, or just combine the two modes into one functional system.
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Postby nick c » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:51 pm

LTC Time code

I have tried every possible option to use LTC time code to control the cue player, without managing to make it work. The TC readout on the interface shows that it is seeing the time code, but the readout is not running smoothly, jumping forwards and backwards.

My final concussion is that Arkaos uses milliseconds in stead of frames. Audio and midi time code use frames instead of milliseconds.

Is it possible for this to be addresses shortly?
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Postby nick c » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:17 pm

I would ask that Arkaos change the Blue output for no visual in folder.

If you trigger a library that does not have anything in it the library window says Empty, the layer window shows Blue and also outputs blue to the displays.

Could this be changed to output Black or layer does not output anything at all, as if you make a mistake triggering visuals and the displays goes to blue and everyone will know / see that there is a problem.

I would also like to see some keyboard shortcuts for changing layers manually, maybe the up, down, left and right arrows. I ask this because in our production company, the guys that make the content run the media servers for the shows and can not programme a lighting desk or just don't have the time. Also we get the custom content just prior to the shows (awards, presentations & conferences)

We run the servers (fixture mode) manually in a similar way to the old analogue method (mixing desk) as the running order can change or you get the content as the audience are walking in due to client changes and you need to be flexible. They like to manually cue up each layer and see that the visual they want to play is correct and then trigger it as required. It is a very easy method to teach people how to a media server that have no knowledge of DMX or Midi.
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Previous

Return to MediaMaster - DMX video software for lighting designers