GrandVJ 2.0.1 Bugs Report thread

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, crustea, pierre, polanri

GrandVJ 2.0.1 Bugs Report thread

Postby VJKatza » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Please report Bugs only, Feature requests got dedicated topics.

1. Instant Mode - Brightness & Contrast Affect output but does not affect the aps Preview.
2. VideoMapper Mode - Brightness & Contrast Sliders are missing - Because Of that Master Opacity of the whole project can't be used.
VJKatza
Normal user

Re: GrandVJ 2.0.1 Bugs Report thread

Postby shado » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:58 am

For testing purposes, I'm running OS X 1.6.8 on an early 2009 Macbook Pro. I always user mixer mode. I upgraded to Mavericks yesterday but my first generation iPad was no longer working with GrandVJ so I had to restore an old backup installation because I have a show on Saturday night. iPad first gen is not compatible with iOS7 so it is likely an issue with Apple and not you guys. Under Mavericks, iPad was getting a signal from GrandVJ but nothing was happening when I pushed around the controls. Still pissed that I will have an expensive paperweight whenever I do decide to upgrade since I use it solely as an OSC controller when performing. Now that I'm back to Snow Leopard, the iPad is working like a charm again.

MAJOR BUG: Adding effects to a trigger pad doesn't make the effect show up when the trigger is hit. Only way to get an effect working is to drag and drop directly with a mouse from the effect panel. This happens whether using my APC40 or TouchOSC on the iPad. Software indicates a trigger has indeed been hit yet nothing shows up effect-wise. Neither on the layer or on the effect settings pane.

Still didn't seem like the APC40 template has the crossfader mapped to the software. Had to use MIDI learn.

Everything on the mappings panel was disappearing when using Mavericks. It was just a blank white background and I wasn't able to double-click to access the mapping parameters. On Snow Leopard, it seems to work fine.

Still not solid enough to count on running a full night's performance with. Not being able to trigger an effect onto a layer is a big dealbreaker for me. Get that sorted out and maybe I can start actually using the new version at a gig. Would really enjoy using the TV pixellation and video distortion effects.
shado

Postby VJKatza » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:22 pm

- When opening a new or saved project with mixer mode, Layer 8 is automatically Selected insted of Layer 1 (Kinda annoying)
- Resizing the interface always beeing scrambled after exiting and logging in.
- Selecting Asio sometimes Crash the App
VJKatza
Normal user

Postby VJKatza » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:08 pm

- Memory leak
To see this quickly put 8 hd clips (1 in each layer) (720P in my case)
Now watch grandvj process over task manager increasing constantly.
Anyone else got this problem?
VJKatza
Normal user

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing