GrandVJ: The feature request thread

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, crustea, pierre, polanri

Re: GrandVJ: The feature request thread

Postby aaintveld » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 am

Still love the product (Mac version).

Would like:
- skin editor (à la VirtualDJ, e.g. xml and bmp in a zip)
- or else: at least show markers (20, 40, 60, 80 percent) underneath the progress bar of both the clip-preview and clip properties (cue)
- show time left/spent not only in clip-preview (already there), but also in clip properties
- stretch progress bar of clip properties (already possible for clip preview)
- be able to pause a clip in preview, and transfer that 'marker' as the cue (start) point to clip properties
- undock (in Synth mode) the clip properties and clip preview boxes, be able to move them around and resize them.

- in-built delay effect of incoming live-feed (e.g. qtz solution); being able to define delay from e.g. 1 to 10 seconds
- ... preferably with extra replay function: replay the last e.g. 3 / 5 / 10 seconds of the delayed feed once, twice, etc.

- performance tweak on loading a .vj with a lare number of osc-mappings (6.500 mappings); now takes a very long time to load on a very fast MBP
aaintveld

Postby gtichelaar » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Dear,

Grandvj is a great program!.. But some features/changes would be appreciated:

- Possibility to edit the in/out points of a clip better in a Final Cut Pro or Adobe style. So open the clip and set the in/out points frame exact.

- When I start a visual, Grandvj always sets the fader of that channel on 100pct. I want to set the fader of a channel on 0pct, put the visual or effect on that channel and use it later by using the fader.

- Possibility to hide the faders + X next to the channels. I use my controller for these functions. In this way the video windows from every channel could be slightly bigger and I really want that.

Keep up the good work!

Greetings Geert
gtichelaar

Postby Rakesh » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Can't say this enough:
- Multiple video blend styles between the two video outputs; add/mix/substract/multiply/screen etc

- Cutting max black & white outputs; full = 0-255 variable to say Black 10 - white 190.
This is not the same as the brightness and contrast adjusting!

- Remember effects settings of video cells.

- Switching video layer ordering!
Rakesh

Postby absentcinema » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:55 pm

Rakesh wrote:- Remember effects settings of video cells.

Grand VJ used to do this but for some unexplained reason it stopped working sometime around v1.5 if I remember correctly.
Arts Management & Project Development - http://arts-management.co.uk
absentcinema
Normal user

Postby matt-e » Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 am

Please add in a feature so we can see the current time remaining of the clip that is playing live. This is so important on live shows where a countdown is needed.

Also the ability to set and organise playlists would help immensely.

And not that important but would be nice is the ability to set exact data values or have finer control over adjustments. For example when setting position, zoom values etc. it defaults at 50%. When you click to increase this amount using a mouse you can select 51% but it then skips 52% and goes straight to 53%, 54%, 55% and then skips 56% and jumps straight to 57%. I know this could probably be overcome by using a midi controller but sometimes that's not always an option.
matt-e

Postby VJKatza » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:53 am

Hello! I Hope some of the most requested features will be available over the new version:

* Option to “maintain Clip’s resolution” (Option to keep the clips original resolution without stretching it to the projects size)
* MASTER Layer for Effects/size/position/TRANSPARENCY which will be applied to all. (Master channel for the combined layers)
* Show remaining clip time (numeracly)
* True value display rather than % for parameters
* Ability to save user configured position/size preset
* Auto Transition (Automatic transition from the active layer to the new triggered cell) [Mixer Mode].
* Lock Layer (locking a layer in mixer mode to prevent accidently changes).
* Playlist (Allows defining a Playlist as a cell) / Folder Playback
* Ability to define a Cell's Thumbnail .
* Fix SWF flash permissions (so flash files can use 3rd party components like slideshow which gets the image files dynamically from a directory) & Support for Transparent Flash Files
* Touchosc feedback

Love Grand VJ!
Thanks!
VJKatza
Normal user

Postby absentcinema » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

It's been said before but these are the biggest three issues that constantly come up for me which I'd like resolved:

1. Saving of effects parameters for clips (I could swear earlier versions did this but 1.5+ doesn't)
    2. Ability to select the thumbnail frame (many of my clips have black frames in them and show a black thumbnail)
    3. When banks are dragged to re-order them, scrolling through them via a midi selector jumps through their original order, not the re-shuffled order

And an additional feature:

I would like to save an 8 layer mixer configuration within a bank. For example, when I go to a bank I can select a cell and that would load a predefined clip selection with parameters to the 8 layers of the mixer with a single click.
absentcinema
Normal user

Postby RowanStallard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:24 pm

A little more info on the video head position on loaded video files would be awesome. Such as clip length, position, time to end etc.

It's there on the preview window so why not under the clip properties as well?

Take a look a Playback Pro for Mac (essentially a fancy quicklime GUI) I would love for GVJ2 to fill that little MS windows playback gap in the market, it so nearly does.

As I do a lot of VT cueing for live events, having a proper countdown clock would be so, so useful.

It would also stop the director from shouting at me to tell him/her when the VT is about to end!
RowanStallard

Postby absentcinema » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:02 pm

Could we please have scaling on the mixer layer display? V2 in mixer mode is barely usable on lower resolution machines due the enormity of the interface graphics and having to scroll down to see layers is a total pain.
absentcinema
Normal user

Postby ravenmoon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:02 am

GRANDVJ XT VIDEO MAPPING MODE using multiple sources:

1. Mapping using multiple sources
2. Designate specific GrandVJ Layer as a source to specific output
3. Designate composition to specific output.
4. Perspective mode.
5. Locking preset position(i.e. top right, bottom left etc) of mixer layers so layer positions are not overridden by newly triggered source clips.
ravenmoon

Postby pjwassermann » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Get Quartz FX working.
ADSR enevelopes for clips.
LFOs for clips.
PJ Wassermann
MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz, OSX 10.10
MacPro Quad, OSX 10.9.5
http://www.pjwassermann.com
pjwassermann
Confirmed user

Postby blaxer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:15 pm

I would really like to see ArKaos Connect work in reverse.... meaning, I want the audio from Grand VJ to be sent to my DAW not the other way around. And super low latency audio through this chain would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
blaxer

Previous

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing