Stuttering Flash Text

Share your thoughts / tips / comments / ideas about ArKaos GrandVJ.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Stuttering Flash Text

Postby showtec » Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi, we have GrandVJ running fine on a PC but it seems to stutter when running the flash texts.

If we play normal video clips it is fine, the output is nice and smooth, but on the flash texts the movement seems stuttery. It's most noticeable with the 'Big Scroll' one. The text seems to stutter as it scrolls across the screen.

I have checked everything is up to date but cant seem to stop it. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I considered that the graphics card could be struggling, but then why does this only happen with the Flash texts and not with playing movie files?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon.
showtec

Re: Stuttering Flash Text

Postby Jdoniaute » Wed May 08, 2013 5:13 pm

The flash files are very heavy, and they take a lot of resources on the CPU, since they are not processed through the GPU.

That's why they stutter a little from time to time.

Anyway we'll check on that with the developer team.
Jdoniaute

Postby skyest12 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:54 am

I have the same issue, with Media Master Pro.
Even if I create the scrolling text in After effects and export it as a quicktime movie, it still stutters.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
skyest12

Postby PhasedMedia » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:01 am

skyest12,
Could you give more info on your stuttering scrolling text- flash is rendered in CPU which can cause issues described in thread especially when decoding multiple video files at the same time, however your QT mov should playout fine.
Possible causes;
-Framerates of rendered output and QT mov do not match (or multiple of), causing a duplicate or skipped frame once a second.
-Bitrate too high for playback system, causing skipped frames.
-Incorrect keyframe positions in AE, is it stuttering at loop point? Try deleting one frame (in AE export) off the end point. Making perfect loops can take a bit of practice.
-Long (& slow) scrolling text- try System Clock instead of Display timing. GFX card may be running a little fast or slow at times.
-Adjusted playback speed, codec used may not be suitable for changing of speed.
Will
PhasedMedia
PhasedMedia
Expert user

Return to GrandVJ - Eight channels VJ software for real time HD video mixing