DMX Problem -with Vista??

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

DMX Problem -with Vista??

Postby lmccoy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:33 am

I have been working with Arkaos for just over a month. We purchased Arkaos VJ DMX 3.6.1 FC2 and are using an ENTECC DMX USB Pro to connect with our lighting console (SGM Regia Opera). I'm just running in simple mode.

I had everything set up on a computer running Windows XP Pro. Arkaos worked fine - DMX and everything. But we had compatability issues between the computer and projectors. So, I just changed everything over to a new computer running Windows Vista. (6GB DDR2). Arkaos works GREAT from the keyboard - extremely fast and the displays look wonderful! But I cannot control the program by DMX. The Entecc device is connected properly and I have downloaded the latest drivers. I've been able to check that the device is working properly through the ENTECC test screens. I've checked all my settings in Arkaos and they appear to be correct. However, when I open the DMX setup screen, it consistently locks up. I have to end the program by ctrl + alt + del to escape from the DMX screen.

Any ideas on what might be happening? We have a show tomorrow (Friday) night and I really need to be able to get things going.

Thanks!

Lora
lmccoy

Postby lmccoy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 am

NEVER MIND!!! :D By the time I read through everything here and then went to the ENTTEC site, I walked back into the theatre, checked everything again, made no changes, re-opened Arkaos, and everything was fine! Go figure! :D

Anyhow, GREAT site here, and a GREAT program! It's truly going to revolutionize our lighting design!

Thanks!

Lora
lmccoy

Postby aldholland » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 pm

lmccoy wrote:NEVER MIND!!! :D By the time I read through everything here and then went to the ENTTEC site, I walked back into the theatre, checked everything again, made no changes, re-opened Arkaos, and everything was fine! Go figure! :D

Anyhow, GREAT site here, and a GREAT program! It's truly going to revolutionize our lighting design!

Thanks!

Lora

Hi Lora,
I had the same problem with the ENTTEC drivers on vista! And indeed suddenly it worked out of nothing! I have many problems with Vista and the drivers of all kind of products. The most stable config is XP! :!:

Good Luck! :wink:
aldholland

Postby FraKtus » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:00 am

aldholland wrote:I had the same problem with the ENTTEC drivers on vista! And indeed suddenly it worked out of nothing! I have many problems with Vista and the drivers of all kind of products. The most stable config is XP! :!:

Good Luck! :wink:

Yes unless you have a specific reason to use Vista or 64 bits XP / Vista we don't recommend that. XP is the way to go, it will leave more CPU and GPU to our softwares and will give you back the best FPS.
FraKtus

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting