dmx demo wont download

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

dmx demo wont download

Postby Ghostwriter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:41 am

Your dmx download link ( http://www.arkaos.net/download/index.php ) downloads arkaos vj 3.6.1 FC2 instead.
where can I get the demo for dmx?
ok....wheres the on switch again?
Ghostwriter

Postby nick c » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi there

it is all part of the same programme.

As soon as the thirty days is up, you will not be able to acsess dmx demo.

If you have bought Arkaos midi, you will not be able to acsess dmx demo.

If you are running a cracked Arkaos, you will not be able to acsess dmx.

I love arkaos dmx, as it intergrates with my lighting control and visualisation system.

you can't upgrade from midi to dmx, and it is a lot more money. and it really depends on what and how you want to do with it. By buying arkaos dmx, downloading MagicQ for free, you have a semi professional media server. I have done alot of shows where you could not tell the differences between which media servers was being used. i have even pumped arkaos into other servers on shows.

In the next year Arkaos have some plans for the DMX version. They have not mentioned what they are. but they intend to keep produceing a DMX flavour. So it should be a media server or along those lines.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Postby Ghostwriter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Woh :shock:

Well I ain't gonna buy something I can't demo, I can understand why companies do this though.

Can I hit you for some more advise nick? What is the correct way to transfer a sceen from dvd for use in Akaos, I'm having problems with . .

A: Copy protect.
B: picture size / resolution.
C: Lack of sound.

I really need some advice from someone who has a tried and tested method for this. if you know of a good way could you please let me know.

Thanks again. :D
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostwriter

Postby nick c » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:17 pm

If you want to get some stuff off a cd/dvd.

There are a few things you need to think about. firstly, do you want the sound, do you want to scratch the clip? Is it copy right protected? and how big is the clip.

If you want sound, it needs to be a mov. file.
You can only scratch a mov. file.
If it is copy right protected you will need to use a dvd ripper.
And if the clip is over 150mb you should compress it.

I use quicktime pro to quickly edit, compress and chane file format.

You should do a trial of arkaos dmx on another machine. it is well worth the extra money. on a lighting desk it is so powerfull.

I am haveing to buy a hippo HD for my work, as that is what i am being asked to supply. But i will still say that for the money arkaos dmx is awesome value for money. and on a top spec computer it is hard to tell the difference.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Postby Ghostwriter » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:37 pm

Cheers nick.

I was loosing quality when exporting from Qicktime-pro, everything seems to be ok now . . for the time being at least. . . ;)
Ghostwriter

Postby Ghostwriter » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:33 am

Should I use High Definition dvd's only? I see the resolution of standard dvd's is only 720×576 (PAL) isn't that a little small?
Ghostwriter

Postby nick c » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 am

Everything in video is about compromise and as i have mentioned before it depends on what you want to do!

HD loops have a massive amount of data, and on a top spec machine, arkaos will run two HD loops easily. some VJ loops are 320 x 240, but they will never look good doing dual screen blending, they will always look fuzzy. but 720 x 576 will work on dual screen (2048 x 768) you will always lose some quality, it is just balenceing it out.

So when you are doing dual and triple screen blending, if you want to run multiple layers and effects use 720 x 576 loops. and HD if you only want to do two basic layers.

you will lose quality if you strech something bigger, or compress something smaller. either way you lose quality. the choise is yours.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Skype nick.calthrop

nick c
Expert user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting