Version 4 DMX media server

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

Version 4 DMX media server

Postby nick c » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:39 am

Hi one and all.

with all news of version 4 starting to fly around.

i was wondering if there is going to be any communication between the developers and us end users. Reguarding features and the way the dmx fixture profile works? i have seen a few topic's about requested features, and thought that maybe something should be started again. seeing as V4 should be with us by the end of the year.

i would imagine, like every othere user. i have a wish list, of feature i would like to be able to use in DMX (Automation, play once functions and a few more).

i would say that althow i used DMX most of the time for music shows, i am not happy at the prospect of splitting the product. i can see that finacialy, that is the right thing for the company. more finance for product development. But occasionaly i don't have time for programming . and that when i use midi, nice and quick. and i never use DMX when it is important that no mistakes can happen.

i would be more than happy to give up some of my time, and help to contribute towards an end product that does what i want it to do!

So once again please can us end user get involved?

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting