Interesting ArKaos DMX Application

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

Interesting ArKaos DMX Application

Postby jfitzpat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Having posted nothing but problems I thought I would make a change of pace and post what I thought was kind of an interesting ArKaos DMX application.

Marty Canavan, YLS Entertainment, does a lot of arena show designs. I stopped by his shop/studio yesterday and he was working on an outdoor stadium show in his shop.

I knew he was going to use ArKaos DMX for the show, but when I got there he was using ArKaos in an unusual way. He was using old video and stills to simulate fireworks while he worked on his lasers and moving fixtures.

Forgive my crappy phone camera. That is Marty faintly seen on the right. The computer screen you can see is our normal event list. The screen that is perpendicular is Capture (BlueLite Edition), which he uses to visualize lighting.

After he was done simulating pyro, he started programming his video screens normally:

I thought it was a fairly creative application.

-jjf
jfitzpat
Normal user

Postby jfitzpat » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:52 pm

FWIW, Here is a sample of one of Marty's shows (a Supercross event from last year):

jfitzpat
Normal user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting