CITP support in Arkaos?

What kind of DMX devices do you use? How do you use them? Have a problem configuring it with MediaMaster? Have a tip to share on how to use it?
ALL about lighting desks, controllers, adapters, LED fixtures etc.. and ArKaos goes here!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, pierre, polanri

CITP support in Arkaos?

Postby jfitzpat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:39 am

I just started looking at adding thumbnail/status support. I downloaded 3.6 FC5 from the web site, but I don't see any references to CITP support at all.

I saw a warning from XP about ArKaos broadcasting, so it seems that it is sending something out via the LAN connection, but I don't seem to get a response to standard CITP enumeration.

Is CITP support something that requires a licensed copy? Also, is the multi-media extension the only CITP layer supported? Or can you also use it to transfer DMX values?

FWIW, ArtNet seems to be working normally, and I'm not having any difficulty established a CITP connection (both directions) from Capture on the same target machine.

Thanks!
-jjf
jfitzpat
Normal user

Postby FraKtus » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:52 am

We don't strictly support CITP but we have defined around something we call the Media Server Extensions MSEX.

You can just mail the support @ arkaos.net and we will get back to you with all the details.
FraKtus

Postby jfitzpat » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:58 pm

FraKtus wrote:We don't strictly support CITP but we have defined around something we call the Media Server Extensions MSEX.

You can just mail the support @ arkaos.net and we will get back to you with all the details.

I sent email, and also have the draft MSEX documentation from www.LewLight.com/citp, but I'm still a little baffled on why basic CITP discovery is not working.

Thanks for the response though.

-jjf
jfitzpat
Normal user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware for Show/Lighting