Grand VJ - audio playing fast, high pitched.

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Grand VJ - audio playing fast, high pitched.

Postby 101watts » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 am

I'm running Grand VJ 1.2.2 on an i7 MacBook OSX 10.6.6. The audio on my clips is now playing back high-pitched and at double speed or more. The strange thing is, that they play normally if I route the audio through a Digidesign MBox. But through the laptop, the audio is sped up.

I've sent an email to Arkaos about this three or four times now and have received no response.

I've searched the forum and have seen various posts regarding Flash 10 and Quicktime 8 causing problems. I've tried setting Quicktime 7 as the default player for the clips but the problems still persists.

We have a gig coming up in Vienna in March and I need to have it fixed by then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
101watts

Re: Grand VJ - audio playing fast, high pitched.

Postby aves » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:20 pm

I've the same problem with my MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.6 on GrandVJ v1.2.2

Standard VOB files with 48kHz Stereo PCM Audio

PLEASE FIX THIS URGENT!
aves

Re: Grand VJ - audio playing fast, high pitched.

Postby Moabyte » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 pm

GVJ 1.2.2 will change the sample rate to 44.1 for any sound card that has selectable sample rates if it is selected at startup. It does this with Traktor and my x1600. Use the Audio/midi utility to change it back.

The dev version does not do this but you can't turn off the audio.
Moabyte
Confirmed user

Return to Support & Assistance