Display Output Problems with Grand VJ

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, Quentin, crustea, pierre, polanri

Display Output Problems with Grand VJ

Postby Franko » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

I am a total newbie at all of this. My employer is planning a Dance/Music/Light Graffiti project later this year and wants to be able to project live video/video clips etc. I have been lumbered with the task of getting this running!
We are running Grand VJ demo on a Fujitsu Esprimo mobile laptop, using XP, and so far everything is going really well up to the final output. I am well impressed with the effects and can get still photos, live video and video clips all running in the preview window.
My problem is the display output. I have gone into Display Properties, activated the second monitor and tried various configurations, including changing the primary monitor between the two screens and switching the physical location (i.e. changing 1-2 to 2-1). Some combinations cause the engine not to start. I can output Full Screen to both the laptop and projector at the same time. By dragging the Control Desktop, I can have the output on the laptop screen and the Control Panel on the projector - the complete opposite of what I need! But I cannot find a way to drag the output across to the second screen - it doesn't respond to drag and drop - and Control+F always brings up the output on the laptop screen.
Any advice you can give would be much appreciated and might just save me from insanity!
Franko

Re: Display Output Problems with Grand VJ

Postby runawaymartin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 am

:help: This has been a problem I have had for a long, long time and I've never solved it. There never seems to be a working solution from the moderators.
I've tried deleting the preferences.xml file bit that made no difference.
I too would appreciate a solution to this as I want to use the the prog live . . . it's abviously a common problem which spoils this otherwise fantastic product!
Cheers . . . Martin
runawaymartin

Re: Display Output Problems with Grand VJ

Postby ArKaosToon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi,

Full screen problems can be caused by corrupted preference files. Sometimes you may also have configured the software in a way that you cannot modify anymore (i.e. starting full screen automatically on a display which is no more connected to the computer).

Most of the time, deleting the software preferences files is enough to fix the issue, the software will create new, clean preference files at the next start.

For GrandVJ, browse to:

- On Windows XP : Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\GrandVJ

Then delete the following files:
- GrandVJ_preferences.xml
- GrandVJ_settings.xml
- log.txt

Then launch the software again.

Now all your setting should be in default status, you will need to enter your serial number again. Your serial numbers and activation code can be found in your customer account, once logged in on the ArKaos web site, on the "my orders" page.

If the problem is not solved yet, please open a ticket in our support forum and we will try to find a solution
support[at]arkaos[dot]net

Kind Regards
ArKaosToon

Return to Support & Assistance