[FLASH] Displaying the external data from file

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

[FLASH] Displaying the external data from file

Postby Vlex28 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi there,

I am currently evaluating GrandVJ to be used on our wushu competitions. The cornerstone requirement there is to be able to display the competition results mixed with the live camera input and historical clips, all that with the great effects provided by GrandVJ.

I spent last Sunday trying to find out whether GrandVJ can read the external data via Flash. I saw people on the forum tried the same thing here: http://www.arkaos.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14612 one year ago. As well as me, they failed with simple Flash features like importing the global variables from file or using the XML object. Two of them got successful with reading data via net.socket.

It is probably the well-known situation for you. With global variables, when setting the variable other than "statement" to the dynamic text, it gets simply not set, when playing in GrandVJ. With the XML object, the xml.load() simply doesn't happen when playing in GrandVJ. I was using the Flash MX 8, ActionScript 2.

Before spending another day on sockets (coz I am not familiar with them), I would like to ask if there is still is the more simple solution to read the external data.

I totally understand that it is not the primary use case for GrandVJ, but it is the real-life use case, so I still hope to get some hint from you.

Thanks,
Vlex.
Vlex28

Return to Support & Assistance