How do you save in MM 2.0 express

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

How do you save in MM 2.0 express

Postby richdesign » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Hey,

Just made the switch from VJ DMX to MM 2.0 express. Very nice . . .

One question (i'm sure there will be more soon, but for now)

How do you save your project? No save option under file. It saves your work when you close, etc. but I would like it if I could save anytime and also so I can move the file to another machine as a backup. I know the media files would have to be moved separately, but what about all those settings in MM?

thanks to anyone who can help.

Rich
Rich Streeter
richdesign

Re: How do you save in MM 2.0 express

Postby tvdz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:17 am

Hi,

In MM Express everything is saved in .xml files in the folder "SimpleModeShow" of your selected media library.
So, the saved project settings are connected with your selected media library folder.

Toon
tvdz

Postby richdesign » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks so much. I found the file.

Tell me if I'm thinking about this right.

to setup a backup machine, I could setup a show on one computer and move it to another by copying the entire media folder the that machine and then set that media folder (which has the xml files) as the root folder. Does that sound right? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

also, I could work on two different shows on the same computer by switching root folders depending on what show I was working on.

Does it sound like I'm on the right track?

I wonder if there is a technical reason they don't have a Save and Save As options?
Rich Streeter
richdesign

Postby tvdz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:29 am

Yes, you are totally correct!

It was a choice, we felt that the stored settings belonged to the media library.
And the idea was, indeed, if you switch between shows, that you select an other media library.
tvdz

Return to Support & Assistance