*DO NOT INSTALL FLASH PLAYER 10 WITH ARKAOS VJ*

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

*DO NOT INSTALL FLASH PLAYER 10 WITH ARKAOS VJ*

Postby matthieu » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 am

Dear users,

Since a few days, Flash 10 is the official Flash Version. Unfortunately, it breaks compatibility with ArKaos VJ, even with the 3.6.5 beta version.

In the mean time, if you installed it and you have problems (lock at startup on windows, black picture on mac), please follow these steps:

PC:
Uninstall Flash 10 first: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Install Flash 9 activeX:
ftp://www.arkaos.net/pub/Support/Instal ... ctiveX.exe

Mac:

The easiest is to install a local version of the netscape flash plug-in only for ArKaos VJ. That way, you will be able to keep the latest flash player for all other apps. In order to do so, please follow the instruction here below:

Download the following file, and decompress it into your ArKaos VJ installation directory.

ftp://www.arkaos.net/pub/Support/Softwa ... KaosVJ.zip

You should then have a "Flash Player/" directory beside your "ArKaos VJ 3.6.5 beta 2.app" application bundle.

Next time you will start ArKaos VJ, Flash files playback will work again.

Cheers,
Matthieu

PS: thanks JJJ for the error report ;-)
Last edited by matthieu on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
matthieu
Expert user

Postby rayrik » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:09 pm

It didnt work with the link- Flash was installed but Arkaos wouldnt see it.
The legacy pack from Adobe works -unpack, read the text file and select Flash for your OS.
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=2
rayrik

Postby munkeyrach » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Cool I will try it now :)
munkeyrach

Postby munkeyrach » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:46 pm

I tried the first option and it didnt work so now ia m trying the other, I hope that does the trick. Should I also reinstall Arkaoss?
munkeyrach

Postby munkeyrach » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:05 pm

Ok, So I downloaded it but which one should I install. I dont want to stuff anything up so I am happy to wait for any more help.

Thanks

rach
munkeyrach

Postby aviray » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Read the text file, there is list of all the versions included, select one for your OS.
I dont think there is need to reinstall Arkaos it wasnt working because it didnt see that Flash player from support link, just as there wasnt any.
The only benefit of reinstalling is that I know now. While installing I could see Arkaos not recognising the Flash from link provided by OP.
aviray

Postby munkeyrach » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Unfortunatly I still havnt got it to work I unistalled flash and reinstalled and arkaoss still didnt work. Unfortunatly I do not know much about computers so if anyone has time to tell me step by step ( as I still am not too sure which flash to use as there is more then one for windows) thats would be so so helpfull. I really want to get Arkaoss working again. I have windows Vista and Arkaoss Vj 3.0
munkeyrach

Postby alchemist » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Hello,

Try to update to the latest version, which is 3.6.5 beta4 ;)
alchemist
Expert user

Postby munkeyrach » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:38 pm

oh cool. And do I do that threw the website?
munkeyrach

Postby alchemist » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:25 pm

alchemist
Expert user

Postby munkeyrach » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

so I am still trying to fix the flash problem. I have downloaded the latest version 3.6.5 beta4 but have not installed it yet. Hoping i can get this flash problem fixed first.

BUT does the 3.6.5 beta4 work with flash 10?, and when I open and install 3.6.5 beta4 do I need a new serial number etc

sorry to be a pain But I MUST keep trying untill I get my program up and running again. :oops:

its taking ages Hey?!?!?! :roll:
munkeyrach

Postby alchemist » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 am

ArKaos VJ 3 will not be compatible with the latest versions of Flash. This version is too old, please upgrade first.

ArKaos VJ 3.6 will work with Flash 9 without any problem ;)
alchemist
Expert user

Postby munkeyrach » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks for all the help :) I installed it and it loaded up fine, now I am just waiting for a new serial and all systems should be go!!!. when I learn how I will try and make somthing to show you all my appreciation for the continued help that this forum has show:)
munkeyrach

Re: *DO NOT INSTALL FLASH PLAYER 10 WITH ARKAOS VJ*

Postby zorcl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:29 am

matthieu wrote:
Mac:
Delete the file: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin
Install Flash 9: ftp://www.arkaos.net/pub/Support/flashplayer9r124_mac.dmg

This version is only for PowerPC Macs. Have you got the plugin for IntelMacs as well? Can't find it on the Adobe site, they only offer version 10 for download...

Edit:
Sorry, I found it myself...
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... ub.dmg.zip
Macbook Pro Core2Duo 2,8 GHz Unibody, OS X 10.6.1, 4 GB RAM
zorcl
Confirmed user

Postby M-.-n » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:01 am

For people having problem with the PC installer of flash not enabling flash in VJ, it's because the link was to an installer of the Netscape plug-in and ArKaos VJ needs the ActiveX control installer. I've corrected the link in the original post, let me know if this solves the problem.

Regards
M.
M-.-n

NUVJ

Postby dantronic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Wait, does this incompatability extend to NUVJ (v1.5)?

because I followed another thread where a moderator advised installing the Flash 10 beta to help with text-crashing.

I am running on Mac/intel.

cheers
dantronic
dantronic

Postby M-.-n » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:19 am

it doesn't apply to NuVJ.. Only ArKaos VJ MIDI/DMX

Regards
M.
M-.-n

Flash

Postby andylampy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Is there any plans to fix this problem, I'm sure I'm not alone in using my comp for other stuff as well as arkaos and as flash is constantly being updated (and these updates are often required for various websites, etc) I'm not keen on sacrificing the functionality of my machine.

Cheers
andylampy

Postby arween » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 pm

i have a very basic doubt,

i had not updated my quicktime to the latest version and i was happy using 3.6.1 fc2 and now i want to know if i update my quicktime and also have flash9 will the 3.6.1 fc2 work or will i have to update to latest beta version.
arween

Postby haraldwalker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 pm

alchemist wrote:ArKaos VJ 3 will not be compatible with the latest versions of Flash. This version is too old, please upgrade first.

ArKaos VJ 3.6 will work with Flash 9 without any problem ;)

Which Flash version does 3.5 support? That is the last working Arkaos VJ version I have. I am not going to pay for an upgrade to 3.6 since that software is not actively being developed any longer, and unfortunately Arkaos does not offer an upgrade from 3.5 to Grand VJ either, so I am stuck. :-(
haraldwalker

Re: *DO NOT INSTALL FLASH PLAYER 10 WITH ARKAOS VJ*

Postby djdarkwave » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:11 am

Is this still a problem with Arkaos VJ?

I'm moving to a new laptop and still need to use 3.6. I remembered seeing this thread so I've avoided installing Flash 10 so far but I realized I need it for something else.

Then I checked my old system which is working fine with 3.6 and I see that it has Flash 10.1.53.64 installed so should I assume this is working now?

My new laptop is Windows 7, old one is Windows XP.

Thanks

Steve
Steve
DJ Darkwave

http://www.djdarkwave.com
djdarkwave

Return to Support & Assistance