Public BETA testing: ArKaos VJ 3.6.5

Please check the FAQ - Knowledgebase first
This forum is not the place to request for urgent assistance

If you have an urgent support request or have a problem concerning registration, serial numbers, orders, personal info etc.. you must go there to post a trouble ticket instead of using this forum.

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Postby matthieu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Please install the latest Flash Player for Mac OSX: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/
And restart arKaos. Does it fix ?
matthieu
Expert user

Postby JJJ » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:03 pm

No.

The only change is that once placed on the virtual keyboard some of the files now show a very small "arkaos" text.

jjj
Last edited by JJJ on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJJ
JJJ
Expert user

Postby JJJ » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:27 pm

also....

GrandVJ is playing all .swf files just fine.

jjj
JJJ
JJJ
Expert user

Postby matthieu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Ok, so I know what your problem is. You have installed Flash Player version 10 and arKaos VJ 3.6.5 beta version has a problem with that. Until we release a new version, please install an older version of the flash player:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... flash9.zip
matthieu
Expert user

Postby JJJ » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:47 pm

Problem solved.

Well done!

jjj
JJJ
JJJ
Expert user

Postby matthieu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:57 pm

8)
matthieu
Expert user

Postby paul-h » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

just a quick note: during my last performance WMV files failed to playback with audio, this issue happened only with 3.6.5 beta. Reverting to 3.6 fc3 solved the problem.
paul-h
Advanced user

Postby matthieu » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:56 am

On PC ? Please try again with latest build:
ftp://www.arkaos.net/pub/ArKaos/ArKaos_ ... _beta4.exe
matthieu
Expert user

Postby paul-h » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:03 pm

thanks matthieu, i'll try it asap, yep it runs on pc
paul-h
Advanced user

Postby DMJ Moabyte » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:05 pm

I understand you guys are busy and have released a few new products, but can you please finish what you started and get this out of beta? Its been over a year now I'm tired of explaining to clients why I am using beta software. To tech savvy people this can make them a bit nervous when their performance or presentation is riding on it. I paid good money for this software and I expect a company to follow through on their product updates.

Even if you don't plan a release beyond this one, you owe it to your users to finish this. We have all been patient.
DMJ Moabyte

Postby matthieu » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:32 am

We're still doing changes in 3.6.5. For instance Flash Player 10 just released on Mac OSX is not compatible with VJ 3.6.5, so we had to fix it. We did several updates, we're still improving the software. We haven't stopped working on ArKaos VJ.
But you're right, final release has been delayed a lot, mostly because we discovered new troubles with latest updates of Mac OSX graphic drivers, Flash Player 10.
matthieu
Expert user

Postby paul-h » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:13 pm

about lack of audio in windows media files, I made a test session and beta4 runs with audio but no video unless you switch off video acceleration features..
Beta5 solves the problem (I'll confirm tomorrow in a real world session)
paul-h
Advanced user

Love Arkaos VJ

Postby zebbler » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:08 pm

I've been using Arkaos VJ for about 5 years by now and I feel that I really learned almost everything I could about this program. Which is in a way a really good thing - it makes me really comfortable using it and I know all of the silly quirks I need to do to make it stable, etc.

I tried GrandVJ and I don't really like it - the transition to it was very clunky.
I would much rather continue using regular Arkaos. Please don't discontinue this software - just keep making it better guys!

Looking forward to getting out of the Beta stage,

Hello from mini-East Coast US VJ tour,

VJ Zebbler

PS - If I install the beta version (the one that fixes flash issues) will my older 3.6.1 FC2 Arkaos still work properly? A little nervous making the Beta install right before some big shows...
zebbler

Postby matthieu » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:41 am

You can, the beta is very stable. But be careful not installing Flash 10 on your laptop, we have a new compatibility problem to solve.
matthieu
Expert user

some more observations

Postby zebbler » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 am

Ok... So I tried Beta - and even though the flash texts were visible in their window - they didn't produce a thing. I don't think I have flash player 10 installed (I thought I had 9) - I searched for 10 and couldn't find it - but I didn't bother too hard, as I had other things to do and could still use the previous Arkaos version just fine (albeit with no flash).

Tonight I had a giant show in Orlando (New Years Wall Street Celebration) and I had some issues with the 3.6.1 FC2 version. I've noticed them before - but tonight it seemed to happen a lot. Basically, all of a sudden a whole lot of the effects and buttons that had both effects and clips assigned to them just stopped working. Completely. Restarting Arkaos fixed it, yet within ten minutes the same thing would happen. It might be a combination of some kind that I pressed that made it tweak... I don't know... But just a heads up.

My gear with issues (I am using another mac too - with no issues so far - but it's a backup one):

Mac OS X
Version 10.4.11
Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Cheers,

Zebbler
zebbler

Pleez?

Postby zebbler » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Pleez may we have a new Arkaos? Pleeze??? I am dying here...
zebbler

Postby vostek » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:34 am

mmm yes new version would be nice. Even though gvj is my main mixing app, arkaos midi still has fun tricks up its sleeve that i go back to occasionally to make new source content.
I know the whole thing about freeframes not able to be processed on the gpu, but what about dual and quad core support for arkaos midi? Right now 4 effects + feedback tends to slow frame rate to a crawl even on a new system, but I think dedicating a couple cores to plugin processing would fix that.
vostek
Confirmed user

Any dates?

Postby zebbler » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 am

Are there any dates being thrown around for the long awaited release of the next version of Arkaos VJ?

Like, will it happen by this summer? By this fall? This year? Next year?

I am just curious if anyone knows if there's a ballpark plan to release the software by a certain date - this pure open endedness is driving me away from Arkaos a little... It's a pain in the as$ to master another VJ software - but I should probably start gearing up for the switch soon if Arkaos VJ is in an open-ended limbo...

Sigh...

Dates?
zebbler

Postby nick c » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:56 am

i would imagine that Arkaos VJ has come to the end of it's life. because of the release of the two new products, GrandVJ and media master. and the 3,6,5 beta4 is the final version. i have been running the beta on shows without any problems at all. it has been around for so long now that it is not really fair to call it a beta version. i don't think that it's status as a beta will change. as it will slow down the transition to GrandVJ and Media Master.

I also like a number of features that have not been included into the two new product. but it will most probably only be a matter of time, as development of GrandVJ and media master continues. I realy can't fault either of the new products

GrandVJ and Media Master are both very good products, GrandVJ is perfectly priced, but Media master is a different matter altogether. At 1800 euros befor tax, most Arkoas DMX users will find the upgrade very expensive. and will wait as long as possible to change over.

The problem seems to me to be the fact that arkaos has sold the engine to Robe (media fussion) and therfor are most probably contracted to sell Media Master at the same price as Robe's media fussion. or something like that. well that's what i think.

It is a shame as Arkaos DMX users will not upgrade straight away. which may also stall developement of media master due to funds. I like media master but at that price, considering that for the same money you can get bassic versions of Hippotizer and Catalist, it is over priced. there is a media server war going on and product prices are going to drop soon, as the market gets flooded. the lighting manufactureing companies that now have media servers in their product range can do massive deals if sold as a package.

I do VJ live work and use DMX on my shows, so that means i will have to buy both products for my two systems at a price of over 2100 euros per system. 3,6,5beta4 DMX is working fine for me, so i will put off the change for as long as is possible.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Postby pointless dav » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:54 am

Arkaos said on many occasions that they would keep developing Arkaos VJ-
come on Nic, are you seriously suggesting they've been having us on all this time?

:cry:
dav
pointless dav
Normal user

Postby nick c » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Dav.

I don't think that anyone is lyeing, but things change over time.

So look at the problem from a different point of view. firstly, Arkaos has released two new programmes, a new VJ programe (grand VJ) and new dmx contolled programme called media master. both new programmes have pushed the envelope, and improved on the previous versions and have a new engine.

With all the developement and research that has gone into the new products, and all the money invested in the R&D. why would arkaos do this? if they intended to keep arkaos 3,6,5 midi/dmx going. it would be a total waste of time and money. and delay the change over to the new programmes.

I realy like the two new products, the only thing is that at present either product does not provide some of the functions that the 3,6,5 had. this will change over the development cycle over the next few updates, i would imagine.

The 3,6,5beta has been around for approx over a year and a half (10th nov 2007), and it is very stable. I have had no crashes at all!!!!!!!!!! this time period leads me to believe that 3,6,5 is the end of the line Arkaos vj.

cheers
Nick Calthrop

Technical & Creative Director
Lighting/Video/Lasers/Stage Design

Mobile +44 (0) 7974 091 279
Skype nick.calthrop
Email nickcalthrop@yahoo.co.uk

Failing to plan, is planning to fail!!!!!
nick c
Expert user

Postby preeves » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 pm

The problem is that Arkaos seem to be sticking their heads in the sand over this and all these comments go unanswered.

Come on Arkaos give us all some honest answers!

-Is Arkaos DMX a dead duck?
-How about a realistic upgrade offer for DMX users other than the paltry one so far...
-Proper development timescales for features.

Any Arkaos staff are welcome to contact me via PM to discuss my options..
preeves
Normal user

Postby FraKtus » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:08 am

As you all know ArKaos in the last year has introduced 2 new products GrandVJ and MediaMaster.

Those 2 new products are our commitment into the Music and Lighting industries.

Those products are complete rewrite from scratch and this explain why they have different names, different interfaces and no binary compatibility.

This being said we do take seriously those having invested into ArKaos VJ MIDI or ArKaos VJ DMX.

This is why when we launched GrandVJ we offered a promotion in order to allow ArKaos VJ MIDI to switch to GrandVJ. The details of this promotion are here http://support.arkaos.net/index.php?x=&mod_id=2&id=93

The same is still valid today with MediaMaster, we offer 25% to ArKaos VJ DMX users that want to acquire MediaMaster. Doing this we allow our users to stay on our road and benefit from the heavy work we are doing to give you the best performance and feature set.

Then in order to protect the ArKaos VJ MIDI and ArKaos VJ DMX users our intend is to keep it alive reasonably as long as user keep using it. We will keep fixing bugs and correct what needs to be corrected when Mac OS or windows is updated when possible. However at this moment we have no plan to introduce new functionalities in ArKaos VJ MIDI or DMX. We will get it out of the beta cycle because we understand that you don't want to perform with a product that has beta in his name.
FraKtus

Postby lighttch » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:23 am

I agree, especially here in the US, where for approx. another $800 I can buy a copy of PixelMad Catalyst 4.0 Pro, which is a far more robust piece of software.
lighttch
Advanced user

Postby DMJ Moabyte » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:46 am

Is it possible to update the free frame plugs to work with the new 1.5 versions? I think this would make a nice final update to the program and at least give it some more life. It would make all this waiting a bit more worth it. Anyone else want this?
DMJ Moabyte

Postby paul-h » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:41 am

Hi, just copied and pasted test12's comment.. slightly modified:
>In my opinion, A lot of people are gone stick with Arkaos VJ MIDI, since GRANDVJ features just don't compare to it (yet). 8)

Arkaos is a mature product. we are used to it, we could fiddle around with it with our eyes closed.. 3.5 has all the features we need and a great usability.
This balance is the result of years of work and relationship with us customers so I' don't think we'll uninstall it for the sake of grandVj.. At least until it reaches it's mature age.

GrandVj dev team could have simply implemented all arkaos' features making us all happy, but they did not because at the beginning the marketing rules seemed to be that grandvj should have lived ALONGSIDE with arkaos. Now it's clear that grandvj will replace our old friend so I think that migrating all arkaos' features in grandvj is pretty critical.

Uh, I'm going OT, perhaps we could open a topic about migration directly in grandvj or media master forums
:roll:
paul-h
Advanced user

Arkaos and Media Master

Postby artchitecture » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 am

With additional features introduced in the new beta version I am firmly committed to Arkaos and will bypass Media Master all together.

My primary reason for this is the simplity of the tools for manipulating the media on the layer. Try to get the aspect ratio right of 4:3 captured video source on a 3:1 wide screen blend using DMX, not. DMX is an excellent tool for triggering layers and controlling parameters on effects. It is also handy for writing sequences. But it simply is not as functional as Arkaos. Arkaos is a superior tool for mapping content in widescreen applications. I have decided that I create better content in a shorter time using the control interface in Arkaos. I then use DMX in Simple mode to trigger 1280 seperate looks and 10 sequences with a page full of control surfaces for manipulting effects parameters and other settings.

I do like media master and mostly I like its GUI Its Dark. I also appreciate the preview system. The preview monitors are well laid out. I was able to create a vareity of great looks using its effects easily and quickly. Media Master may find a home in the lighting design market for it has some tricks up its sleeve for hardcore visual surround systems in the club and concert marketplace. File Management is greatly improved and far superior to Arkaos. Some features are familiar to users of other media servers like Barco's Axiom Media Server but are streamlined and simpler to use. It also boasts solid playback and superior file handling. It does seem that the beta version of Arkaos has added most of the system upgrades though. mpg, multi core cpu, etc.

But refer back to beginning. Arkaos provides a single button to place an image in its original size and aspect ratio. We spent more time in technical rehearsals trying to do this than any other single element and it was never quite right.

I am using Arkaos to present wide screen multi projector blends for conferences, business meetings, and product demonstration and I need the precise control and functionality that only Arkaos Delivers, and at a price that makes me extremely competetive in the marketplace.

I plan on building as many as four new servers in the near future and I will be building them to use ArkaosDMX 3.6.5 beta or not.

Please do not abandon this product it is why you exist. There is a place for both products.
artchitecture
Normal user

problem with .swf files...

Postby adamis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Hello, everybody. When I make some flash in other program and then use it in Arkaos - play not from start position, but always randomly from other point. I have ArKaos 3.6.5 and Flash Player 9.0.159.0. Thanx for every answer or help - Milano CZ
adamis

Postby ckaiserca » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:34 pm

On March 23, 2009
FraKtus wrote:We will get it out of the beta cycle because we understand that you don't want to perform with a product that has beta in his name.

It is now September 4, 2009, and the update is STILL in Beta! Will you please get this software out of it beta cycle? Even if you don't do any further upgrades, at least we have the product without BETA in the name for all the clients to see!

Thanks!
ckaiserca

beta

Postby adamis » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 am

Hello everybody. Is Arkaos already dead?? No news, no change, nothing...
adamis

Postby apache » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:04 pm

ckaiserca wrote:On March 23, 2009
FraKtus wrote:We will get it out of the beta cycle because we understand that you don't want to perform with a product that has beta in his name.

It is now September 4, 2009, and the update is STILL in Beta! Will you please get this software out of it beta cycle? Even if you don't do any further upgrades, at least we have the product without BETA in the name for all the clients to see!

Thanks!

+1
apache
Normal user

Re: Public BETA testing: ArKaos VJ 3.6.5

Postby zorcl » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:12 am

In march. they wrote:
Then in order to protect the ArKaos VJ MIDI and ArKaos VJ DMX users our intend is to keep it alive reasonably as long as user keep using it. We will keep fixing bugs and correct what needs to be corrected when Mac OS or windows is updated when possible. However at this moment we have no plan to introduce new functionalities in ArKaos VJ MIDI or DMX. We will get it out of the beta cycle because we understand that you don't want to perform with a product that has beta in his name.

Here's what I got as an answer when asking why they didn't fix the flash issue:
We won't upgrade VJ to work with flash 10. We consider it as a legacy application now and won't spend time keeping it up to date with further "environment" changes.

I think it is pretty obvious that they dropped Arkaos VJ for good.So, I think it would be consequent and fair to all of us if someone at Arkaos would just be clear and specific about this and tell us once and for all: "No, we are not going to spend ANY time to change ANYTHING on this old piece of software. It's gone, it's dead. Period."

This would p*ss off some hardcore ArkaosVJ users (including me), but at least it would be clear and honest, and we could move on with our lives. Say - move to another product.
Macbook Pro Core2Duo 2,8 GHz Unibody, OS X 10.6.1, 4 GB RAM
zorcl
Confirmed user

Postby pult » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:12 pm

It is really a shame how Arkaos treats its' loyal users - I've been using Arkaos since the very beginning, it has been called X-Pose at that time.

The current version is far away from being an up-to-date, reliable video tool - the concept itself is still great and the video engine is a class of its own but this piece of software is so full of bugs that it is no longer fun working with it. For me.

It is hard to believe that Arkaos officially recommends using the latest beta version! I got the following answer from support: "My advice to you was to use the Beta version because is more stable than the 3.6.1 version but like i wrote below, we will have a final release."

There seems to be absolutely no plan when this final version will be released, and to be honest: I really doubt IF it will ever be released.

If anyone knows another great software doing the same as Arkaos JV MIDI: please let me know immediately!
pult

Postby pointless dav » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:32 pm

happy 2010,

still using Arkaos VJ- though getting more and more tempted by GrandVJ.
the latest update looks good but i won't switch until they've implemented the "record session+ export to quicktime" facility.
maybe they're planning to market an extra "visual producer" version of the software like they've done with DMX to make extra bucks (now that would be a great idea...)

big up the old-school x<>pose crew
pointless dav
Normal user

Postby mixta » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 am

Yes, greetings all for 2010.

This is a bit of a sad board these days as I think we all realise we are at the end of the road with Arkaos VJ. But, as noted, Grand VJ is looking good and there is still a deal available. As noted by the previous poster the one thing that is making Grand VBJ impossible for me is the inability to render output. This is 75% of what I do with Arkaos VJ and without it Grand VJ is not a serious option. I wonder if any moderators that may wander by can give us even a rough estimate of when (if!?) this functionality will be implemented in Grand VJ?

btw: Anyone who is hanging out for Free Frame support in Grand VJ it aint gonna happen! However as Arkaos Support pointed out to me there is a free frame host in Quartz composer. I am just about to download the demo of Grand VJ 1.2 and check it out.
mixta

Postby artchitecture » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:00 am

For immediate release

San Francisco

I would like to take a moment and sing the praises of Arkaos VJ DMX.

I have just opened a conference in SF called TVOT hosted at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco. I was the Media Content Manager and responsible for managing the content that was delivered to 5 scenic window panes spanning over 55 ft of screen surface. Three 7.5 x 10 screens filled the windows of the upstage set. Two 12.5 x 10 ft screens flanked the stage.

We incorporated two DaVinci Fusion dvFusion2 media workstations with Arkaos VJ DMX to support the complex digital media delivery necessary to the success of this conference.

We used one to send 3027x768 outputs to three projectors. We did not need to blend them due to the design of the scenery. The second dvFusion2 was used to send 2560x1024 output to two projectors that flanked the triple screens behind the stage.
Both systems where controlled in simple mode from a chamsys dmx control system.

In total we developed 3 patches to drive the 250 plus visuals created from a 17g media library for this three day discussion on interactive television.

Arkaos is delivering as expected, successfully.

We are presenting at 30 to 60fps with all 8 layers combining large 3072x768 and 1080HD files all prepared in h.264 Qt.

We played movies across all 5 screens from both servers using nothing but DMX to trigger the playback and they looked synched.

We programmed the show in one 8 hour session with programmer and one 10 hour session with producer.
We handed the board to a union operator and the synth worked out of the box flawlessly.

All of the visuals were prepared in Simple DMX mode using Arkaos VJ DMX. Patches included 24 channels from a single VGA capture source for presentation of a live web jockey provided by http://www.lallylighting.com and live onscreen speaker support of PowerPoint. Each of the center three screens had visual settings for a variety of common aspect ratios and the ability to go to full screen from the VGA capture source.

An onscreen EPG or electronic programming guide was designed and rendered in Aftereffects as Photo Jpg originals and converted to jpg using QuickTime Pro as 3072x768 files. Additional movies where also created at 2560x1024 for playback on the wing screens.

Stock HD footage was obtained from Pond5 and developed into visuals for specific looks behind the each of the sessions.

Arkaos is delivering the media at the TVOT 2010 conference with visually stunning success.

We all know they are trying to phase out this program. But it hasn't been replaced or upgraded just broken apart. Please, Arkaos VJ DMX does things that the other programs do not do. Simple mode do I need anything else except when I want keystone on each layer which is much more fun than just using the master keystone for the boring task of aligning the projector and isn’t that the job of the projectionist anyway.

architecture

http://www.artchitecture.com Online Digital Media Marketartchitecture

Private messageWebsite
artchitecture
Normal user

Postby shanti » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Arkaos is DEAD!!!!

After observed that Arkaos has disappear on the site...

I was waiting for the Final of Arkaos VJ 3.6.5 to upgrade my Arkaos VJ 3.5 because they Said We gone finish it !
After a Hard Disk Crashed, need to reinstall my favorite Program but didn't have any free key!

SO after asking to arkaos to solve my problem, they Send me this:
Hello,
ArKaos is no longer selling the ArKaos VJ midi products.
Therefor we also no longer offer any upgrade of the products.
Thanks for your interest in our products

So, no advertising of the dead arkaos to their client! Nice...
I'ts gone be common in this century based on Money System That Company Who Live by their Client ! but DIDN'T RESPECT them... But in this Case, We, Customer of ArkaosVJ who didn't upgrade to GrandVJ loose their money!

SO All my Works (5 years of arkaos vj customer) on Arkaos VJ are for the garbage....
Thanks Arkaos,

PS:I think I'm gone use Resolume...
shanti

Postby artchitecture » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:45 pm

What I find most illuminating about the death of Arkaos VJ DMX or Midi is the 70,000 plus posts related to the Beta release. Seems to be the most interesting thing on this forum.

Pay attention please the people are asking for what they want.

artchitecture
artchitecture
Normal user

Postby apache » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 pm

arkaos 3.6 is dead ? seriouysly ?
apache
Normal user

Postby artchitecture » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 am

The button is gone there is no more Arkaos VJDMX. That is not cool.
artchitecture
Normal user

Correction.

Postby artchitecture » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:13 pm

I was just reading my earlier post where I claimed 70000 post ok that is excessive its actually 70000 views. But that still seems like an impressive number.

artchitecture

PS I will purchase more Arkaos VJDMX, if I am allowed. And I am sure I will take advantage of the uprgrade to MM2 Express, because it is an excellent value.

Performance is everthing and I don't trust MM2 to do large multi display systems at ultra high resolutions. I do trust and have successfully run 6 HD 720p signals using two matrox triplehead using Arkaso VJDMX. Please don't pull arkaos from the market it will not mean more sales for MediaMaster it wil only send me searching for other solutions to my product line.
artchitecture
Normal user

Postby xirtus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:55 am

Long time Arkaos user, I just switched systems and REALLY need a copy of the Mac Arkaos VJ software (not grandvj) now that it's off the site I'm really terrified... Can someone help me get a copy? I have my own license I ONLY NEED THE DMG!

please help, thanks
andreas
xirtus

Postby lizayuen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:22 am

"The video path is now using YUV when possible. This has the advantage of using less CPU and twice less bandwidth for the video upload to the graphic board. "

Wow, this is great, thank you for this information but what do you mean by using less CPU and twice less bandwidth?
lizayuen

Postby rubioley » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 am

What cpu should I get with which operating system? I have heard a lot of controversy about what OS is best. I am all about simplicity and stability. No one has told me anything personal about their cpu experiences with each OS. I have just heard stupid outrageous immature arguments about this. I want a cpu that will last a long time and will just get the job done! I don't really care about price. But, whatever is cheapest.
rubioley

Postby poushma » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 am

How much does the CPU affect FPS in 3d games compared to video cards? Is there some kind of comparison of different CPU's with the same decent video card? I'm planning on getting something like a GeForce 7600 GT and am wondering if my Pentium D 2.8 Ghz will be decent? Most of the tests I see have better CPU's then mine, how much will it affect my performance?
poushma

Previous

Return to Support & Assistance