Display question: Running ArKaos w/ MacBook Pro

A general discussion about ArKaos and your hardware (cameras, computers, graphic cards, etc..). First have a look at the other forum topics to see if your message doesn't belong there!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Display question: Running ArKaos w/ MacBook Pro

Postby mdmccarty » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the board and a fairly new ArKaos user. Apologies if this question has been handled already and if my language isn't spot on. I did a search and didn't find an answer in an old post...

I'm running ArKaos on a new 13" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processors & 4GB RAM in OSX 10.6.4. I'm using a Mini DisplayPort to VGA adaptor to output VGA into a projector. I'm using the program to project video clips onto a stage at various clubs and theaters during a band's live performance.

My question is: Do I need two monitor displays in order to have one live project window with the Arkaos software and one Fullscreen output to send to the projector? If not, could someone walk me through the display setting changes I need to make both in System Preferences on my MacBook and in the ArKaos software in order to make this function separately?

Currently, I've only been able to directly project my laptop display. As such, I've simply made a written list of what video clips I've loaded under what keys, then left the program in Fullscreen mode to trigger video during the shows. If I've needed to change Banks, I've waited for a break between the band's songs, Iblacked out the projector with a remote control, pulled out of Fullscreen mode, changed Banks, gone back into Fullscreen mode, and taken the projector live again.

This is obviously a cumbersome way to operate this program. I'd like to know if there's a way to handle this with my display settings or if I need to get a second display monitor to take out on our next tour.

Thanks much in advance for any help/advice!
mdmccarty

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware