Control video-clips via MIDI

A general discussion about ArKaos and your hardware (cameras, computers, graphic cards, etc..). First have a look at the other forum topics to see if your message doesn't belong there!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

Control video-clips via MIDI

Postby schraegparker » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi,

I've just got informed about the ArKaos-products, now I'm unsure, if they are not too oversized for my needs.
I want to use a video-projection (laptop+beamer) in the background of the stage during a rock-concert. The tempo of the music is not always defined, my idea is (as I'm part of the band) to produce several video-clips, which play in loop one at a time and the drummer can switch to the next video by hitting an E-Pad, means control via MIDI. So the videos, which convey different moods, start exactly when it musically makes sense, controlled by the musicians themselves.

If you know what I'm talking about, could you please suggest, which hard-, software is perfect for the job. I don't need any effects.

Thanks !

Michael;)
schraegparker

Postby alchemist » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Hello,

Try the demo of GrandVJ (the beta is in the forum), I think this software does exactly what you wish. So try it and see if it fits your needs.

The demo version is fully operational excepts it displays "DEMO" as watermark, and that you cannot save your projects.
alchemist
Expert user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware