PCI graphics card for multi/widescreen

A general discussion about ArKaos and your hardware (cameras, computers, graphic cards, etc..). First have a look at the other forum topics to see if your message doesn't belong there!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

PCI graphics card for multi/widescreen

Postby Catscradler » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi folks,

We'd like to use the widescreen (or multiscreen, we're not sure yet) feature for an upcoming production. Right now our computer is running Windows XP Pro with an ASUS Radeon 9600 graphics card, which gives us two of the three needed outputs.

I tried using some old PCI cards I had lying around for a third output, but they didn't work at all with Windows XP (ATI Rage Pro, and SIS 315).
I'm pretty sure a DualHead2Go will work well, but that's a little out of our price range for this project.

Is there a list of recommended PCI graphics cards that'll work well with Arkaos VJ?

Oh, feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong area.
Catscradler

Postby FraKtus » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Before adding a new video card to your system try the matrox dualhead2go

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/p ... o/home.php

It's inexpensive and very usefull.

There is even a tripplehead2go that allows you to connect 3 monitors to a single output.

When you use the dualhead2go you see from windows a monitor that has by example a resolution of 1600*600 that is split into two output that have 800*600.

If you really want to use several video cards, the configurations that seems to give good results are built around NVidia SLI solutions.

It's generally a bad idea to try to reuse an old pci card because they don't have the right level of acceleration and performance.

A graphic card that enable the hardware acceleration in ArKaos VJ needs to have pixels shaders V2 or latter.
FraKtus

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware