live TV input/capture > video mix > TV output

A general discussion about ArKaos and your hardware (cameras, computers, graphic cards, etc..). First have a look at the other forum topics to see if your message doesn't belong there!

Moderators: Jdoniaute, crustea

live TV input/capture > video mix > TV output

Postby hurdenhusket » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:13 pm

hi everyone!

i was trying to search this forum to find the best solution but it seems there's none yet or i've missed it. i know that you guys have the right experience :)

i need to create a system that can apply/mix some visual data (with alpha) onto a live TV programme signal and output it back as TV signal. all processing has to be realtime (well, a small latency is acceptable) and the quality of TV signal (PAL) has to be preserved (resolution and framerate).
i'd prefer to use PC (decent DELL) than Mac if at all possible.

i am using arkaos for VJing for quite a while and i thought it would be a good tool to do it, especially that it handles Flash (i'd use Flash to create visual content to mix with TV signal).
what card do i need to get that working? had anyone have done it before?

TV signal comes straight from the aerial/antenna signal preamp, output can be composite and RF modulated.

all help will be much appreciated!
cheers!

tomek
hurdenhusket

Postby hurdenhusket » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:10 am

looks like no-one moderates this forum anymore :(
spambots in charge.
hurdenhusket

Postby FraKtus » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:44 am

Yes it's moderated and cleaned very often.

But we need time to sleep from time to time :D
FraKtus

Postby matthieu » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:06 am

You should be able to do that but you need the right TV card. Or maybe just use an external TV like a video tape recorder and get the signal through a standard composite input card like Pinnacle, Hercule, Hauppage etc.
I know some TV Tuners are limited to Windows Media Player and cannot work in ArKaos or any other application.
matthieu
Expert user

Return to Hardware - General discussion about hardware